- Thanks for visiting. We are back home in Wellington, New Zealand, after 15 months away, living in Santa Barbara, California. It's wonderful to be home.
On this blog you'll find over ten years of posts about life bringing up three Kiwi born daughters and our travels overseas. My husband and I are both British born, but have lived together in New Zealand since 1997.
This blog is a living diary 'of sorts', which keeps our dear folks overseas up to date with our adventures. Through sharing our adventures we've made many friendships over the years, particularly with other expats who've emigrated to New Zealand; as well as lovely New Zealand bloggers who enjoy sharing their parenting journey, crafts, art, travels, photography and writing.
- Sara (@mumturnedmom) on Loving having our creative space back!
- Elizabeth Harper on Loving having our creative space back!
- ♫ Alison M ♪ on Loving having our creative space back!
- Little Gumnut on Loving having our creative space back!
- Coombe Mill (Fiona) on Five outdoor family loves in Wellington from the past fortnight…
Tag Archives: Garden
I used to think blue was my favourite colour, like the ocean and a perfect summer’s sky, but more and more it is green that really rocks me. I love all the contrasting shades of green in nature, and the … Continue reading
A Monday that started with rain and wind, where the only sign of summer was the strawberries on my muesli, gave us a breather in the afternoon. Sunshine peeked from between the clouds as Sophie and Alice ran around Katherine … Continue reading
It’s nearly Spring Festival time in Wellington’s Botanical Garden and the tulips are as glorious as ever. It’s impossible not to smile when faced with all this joyful colour – from bright sunshine gold… To carpets of pinks… They always surprise … Continue reading
Couldn’t resist combining these two, as I LOVE the varied GRASSES of New Zealand. So many colours and such varied textures – from coarse and spiky, to fine and wispy. In my back garden we have a steep bank, where nothing … Continue reading
It has been a week of celebrating the beauty of nature. ♥ Loved learning of New Zealand’s native trees and the amazing variety of different trees the world over. ♥ Loved identifying different tree species in our garden at home … Continue reading